Saturday, February 21, 2009

A week full of impressions - in life's school of lessons

Mid February used to be THE wintersport week. Not so much for me these days, not that I have sold my skis, the opposite, I have bought both slalom and cross country skis. But the our industry have decided to run the major event of the year this week every year. 

In order to save money and improve perception we had gathered all activities in one place, and since we do a lot of things we ended up with the lion part of a small hall. Great for all visitors, that could enyoj the place ath their pace and preferences. Personally it was an event that I enyojed so much that I never left our "booth". It is rate that you stand out but this time it even triggered my word smithing genes ;)

  1. Why do you want to have a stand in a shared hall - when you can rent it all and have a ball
  2. Who loves a meeting room at 40 degrees - when you can chat in a sofa and rest your knees
  3. Why a 30min queue for a piece of bread - when you can get an immediate lunch instead
  4. A fair is about who stand-s out - and something that people afterwards talk about

Well it is over for this year and lots of credits to the people that had the courage to define a new concept, implement it, and create a success in these days for gloomy picture. 

Before leaving for the fair my e-purchaisng fingers did a tour to my friends at Lonely Plant, that delivered as always, and now it is time to start reading a bit about the land of airport #149 and #150. Could not resist to secure that #150 was a pleasure destination, and not a new business location. Will reward myself with a week+ winter vacation for the first time in ages. Nothing booked, nothing planned, just my green backpack as a fellow, a few good books and relax mode.

But before vacation another shift in the my dream creation place. Today I have for the first time in a while felt productive. All thanks to the paintable wallpaper that I have used in styling the rooms. A gift to mankind since it is of a type that does not require detailed putty work. And in addition you put the glue on the wall instead of on the paper. Thanks to these nice features I managed to set 100cm wide pieces on the wall without any problems !!! One room ready to be painted before being ready. 

An last but not lease a drink recipie for Filesharing geeks, Captain Morgans Parrot Bay rum, not banned yet, and it is not even illegal .....

No comments: