Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How extensive are the choices about a Sauna - Options are like a big book about Flora and Fauna

Today you will get an idea about my most recent project challenges and right now I am most occupied with Wood and Cabling concerns.

The wood challenges comes in a couple of different shapes
* How to fill a hole in the ceiling with the right piece of wood, that looks nice, and do not force me to replace the whole kitchen roof?
* What does a Sauna look like these days? I think I want to keep one, i.e re-build after making a re-vamp in the bath room
* What is the optimal choice of wood for the floors? and what is the name for different types of wood in English, Pine is Fine but what is the name for "box"???
* And last but not least how should I be able to put in the woodfloor in the kitchen without removing all wall mounted furniture? I Do not want to remove and replace that.

After entering the Sauna web-site I figured out that the options are enormous, the only one that could be ruled out immediately was the one with an integrated Bar!!! Tylö Vital Vision sounds like great Fun. All jokes aside I think I have dreamt away to a small one, with star ligthing in the ceiling, door twisted sideways, Glass door. Ooops budget swept away.

The floor panel is leaning towards Birch or anbother light material, Hopefully lively pattern, need to see it in reality, and will be fun to see how a 7mm thick wood floor should be able to replace a 3mm cork dito, and make sure that the dish washer will get leak proof in the process. Hard to understand what I mean, do not worry it is even harder for me and I have seen it!!!

Two good news this week as that the municipality finally have placed the contract for bringing in water and sewage, as an alternative to my own well and dito sewage. Seems like a possibility that it will happen next year. An the tax deduction for refurbishments to trigger the Swedish economy, and take some of the renovation burden off my back, aslo came in handy.

Last but not least, I have found gods gift to mankind, Cable-Trim, the little wood detail where floor and wall meet that is that your normally fix the last thing you do, not seldom a couple of years after moving in. The new innovation allow you to bury the cables in the wood trim, without any needs for drilling in the walls for plastic tubes. Power cables, Etherent cables and Audio cables here you can hide!!!

Soon you will hear more about how complex Broadband network modernizations could be made as simble as modernizing a kitchen in my cottage. And it was not my own idea.

No comments: