Sunday, November 30, 2008

With white colour you get a great start - Finding the others is of mind-boggling art

Right now a lot of my mind is occupied with finding the right colours for my different rooms. A journey that I mentally travel as I tear down wall paper, remove old floor coverings and remove old lists.

I think i am about to settled around a few main ideas
* Stick to three main colours per room
* Use Black & White as the common denominator for all rooms
* Add a third colour that stand for the uniqueness in each room
* Just add the colour to one wall, and keep the others white
* Exploit grey granite as the colour in the living room
* Exploit terracotta in the kitchen to make it really warm
* Exploit Turquoise in the bathroom, but perhaps keep it to accessoires and let black dominate.
* The bedroom colour is up in their air....

It is quite interesting how important it is to let this process take time, to let new ideas blend with the one that are settled before as feel good ideas.

I have also realized how poor your imagination gets when you have seen a room with a certain structure and you want to turn it into something else. That's when you need professional visionaries, called architects, that manage to see the potential of a given space. I am very thrilled by the 8 sketches that I got from my favourite architect, and that have started to triggered my mind, and started to get the concept of "thinking outside and inside the walls"

Stay tuned and start voting for the right colours for the bedroom

No comments: