Sunday, August 31, 2008

How do I keep motivation in place - to secure that my body is up to the pace

During a stress seminar this week I learnt that the single most important factor protecting you against it, is to stay in good physical shape. Well the ideas came in handy as I had a stressful situation to deal with and have used this week to train exceptionally much to see what the result would be.

I have had a difficult time in finding the motivation/time to get a in a few exercises a week in my calendar. With thd Swedish Classic as a goal it has gone weel, but I also need a sparring partner, that I can push and by pushed by. I think I have conlcuded that it is OK to train alone sometimes but not all sessions. So the help this time came froma set of friends and an excellent social networking tool for sporty people, www.funbeat.se. It allow you to log your own training, but the great part is all the running tracks that people have added that you can use, and you can follow the sessions your friends are doing. I have just found a excellent run, close to home, that follows water the whole round and with a forgiving surface. Perfect for longer morning runs. Great as you run into a lot of people walking, runing and cycling.

During the last two weekends a number of heroes has been visible in the area. Stockholm Triathlon last week and Ladies 10km this week. I am not alone in putting up an event as a target for geeting the training done. And I realize that an important side effect of this is that a lot of people have taken a large leap forward towards reducing their stress levels and increase resistance against burn-out tendencies. I hope that I can keep it at current levels, since it is clearly helping me to get through tough moments.

No comments: