Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy to remain gold - even though 70k is not bold

Dear blog reader,

After having prepared for the last 6 months that I would loose my gold card, I got really happy when I learned that the milage limites had been reduced so that I will enyoj another year in the airport diamond lane.

Scared with the thought of loosing it I have learnt to enyoj the small benefits associated with each flight. Check-in in the fast lane, clearing security in the fast lane and getting a a sandwich before the flight and making the no meal flights decent.

Feels like a while since the triple card days when the AA80 flight still was on the schedule and when you had to book transatlatic christmas flights 6 months in advance. This year I booked less than 2 weeks in advance and still at a decent price. An interesting reflaction nowadays is that private road warrior skills is more about checking a large number of booking sites to shave off the last 40% of the price than it is about to making connections.

After a hectic fall it is time for well needed!! well deserved ?? christmas break and time for reflection. During the last weeks I think that all the parts on the book I decided to write 10 years ago is finally coming together. The plan was to get famous first and publish then but right now it feels more like that the reversed order is the only option. Next question if I should write first and publish then or if I should write it and publish in pieces and later decide on what will make it to the printed verion. A bit curious how I will do it. The only think that is clear is the title, and that will remain a secret...

All the best




No comments: