Monday, November 10, 2008

Playing carpenter and use a crowbar to eliminate a door - in order put in a wall and a wooden floor

Having started the journey of tuning up an old house, you are up for a journey with a lot of variety. I just completed the list of must to do things before the summer, and one day into teh project I have already started to add things to make the list even longer.

Nevertheless, the first day in office is completed and I started to tear down and old door, with the plan to fill the whole with a wall. Not as complicated whan supported by a crowbar and a saw. The floor that I had planned to keep soon got replaced in my imagination for other alternatives. Wood coverings from the company where I did some consulting 17 years ago wrt optimization of the production line, could come in handy. But far from the pencil drawboard I have found new design tools for how to pre-decorate the rooms, in order to figure out how my dreams play out in reality. http://www.room328.com/ seems like a good starting point for my virtual realizations.

So what are the decisions that are up for decision in the near future
* Housing style - Multi-cultural crossover or single style across the cottage.
* Location of the "discrete home office" - Behind the chimney in the livingroom or beside the fridge in the kitchen.
* Type of wood covering in bedroom and kitchen - Birch or White pine or Oak
* Broom Cupboard - really needed or something that just could be eliminated from the floor plan

Clearly challenging for my mind, and refreshing breaks from the day-to-day office work. And I am getting more and more into the mindset, that half of value when the tuning is done, will come from the fact that my hands has been in the middle of the pie.....

No comments: